Sunday, September 16, 2007

Effin Biting Flies

The morning started gloriously. It's cool. I'm on the lower deck with a cup of fresh coffee and the laptop. I'm watching the sun come up over the dunes. Can't get much better. Later, I walk down to the beach. The water is calm and clear. No jellies in sight. Is going to be a great day for snorkling and shelling. I take a short dip then go sit to read and what in the hell do you think starts happening?? The wind has shifted and is now coming from the mainland which brings with it.....you guessed it--those nasty little black biting flies. Such fuckers. I deal with it but cuss each and every one that I kill.

Eventually, I go back out into the water and enjoy the gentle waves, my boys, my partner and a neighbor friend from across the street. It's almost perfect except for those little black buzzing fuckers.

Pensacola Beach, Pensacola. It's almost paradise here depending on which way the wind blows.

Kinda like politics in Memphis.

One of the flies was named Willie.

He's a flat bloody spec out there on the sand somewhere.

Life is good.

No comments: