Monday, September 17, 2007

Something a Little Different

As you know, or should, my favorite restaurant in the city is Molly's La Casita. The best margaritas in the city. Actually, the best I've tasted and that's comparing it to the top shelf at Flounder's in Pensacola Beach. We don't get to go as much as we used to because of finances. For medical reasons, my partner can no longer work. That's taken away our play money. We're also tightening up and making major strides towards retiring all debt except for the house so that I can retire comfortably in 8 years.

All that said to say, I've tried other restaurants and will post my thoughts from time to time. Some co-workers and I tried Pearl's Oyster Bar downtown on Main a while back. We went at lunch time. When we arrived, around 11:30, is wasn't very crowded but by the time we left it was packed. Here are my thoughts. For $18 for an entree at lunch, the food better be spectacular and it wasn't. I had the special which was a fish dish and it wasn't all that. There was very little flavor.

The table where we were seated was hot. The sun coming in through the window was brutal and the ceiling fan over our table wasn't on. Looked like someone had broken the pull string and nobody at the restaurant cared enough to fix it. Service was ok. The waitress was very friendly and attentive but food coming out of the kitchen was slow. I know, not the waitress' fault but something could have been communicated and wasn't.

I don't think I'll go back. Certainly not for lunch. Maybe if they run a special on raw oysters. All in all, I'd give it 2 stars on a scale of 5. Just sort of blah about it.

No comments: