Wednesday, August 18, 2010

End of Summer

It's quickly approaching.  The youngest has already started classes at his new school and so far seems to be doing well.  I suspect the heavy load hasn't hit yet and will be a real eye-opener when it does.

The oldest moves into his college dorm Friday.  I can hardly believe it.  He turned 18 on the 11th and I can hardly believe that as well.  He has all of the stuff he's taking packed up and in the middle of the living room floor.  I'm not sure if it's a monument or a wall.   Or just an effort to make sure he doesn't forget anything.

I know kids go to college all the time and succeed but I worry.  I hope he's prepared.  I hope we've done what we were supposed to do to get him ready for this day and for the rest of the days.  I think he's a little nervous because he's been testy that last week or so.  I guess we all have our days but jeez o pete, he's had a string of them.  Doesn't help that there's other tension in the house.  So much going on and no end in sight.

Retirement is looking better and better.

No comments: