Saturday, September 8, 2007

Vacation Time!!!!

I save up for this all year. I save my vacation days in anticipation for our annual trip to the gulf coast. It's where I recharge for the next year. Where I relax and scream at my children less. I love the coast. There's something about the sand and wind and rhythm of the water that sooths my soul.

It's worth the 7 hour drive and the sacrifices we make in our lives to be able to afford this. Not just worth it but necessary. It heals the battle wounds of the year. It takes me away from the political turmoil and the venom flying around in the city even if for only a few moments.

We'll be hitting the road in a few minutes. The computer will be shut down, the hot water heater put on vacation and the thermostat reset. Friends are taking care of the cats and the house. The dogs are going with us this year. I'm ready.

I'm still selling the MG.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the beach...I can close my eyes and see it!

Tell Wm I'm next in line for some no-bakes. You know they're my weakness!

Save This MG said...

I'll pass that along to him. The beach has been awesome. Have even watched some awesome storms blow in over the water. What a thrill. The missus has put some pictures up on her website.