Sunday, June 12, 2011

Has Facebook Killed the Blog?

Didn't someone once ask, "Has video killed the radio star?" 

Not really.  Just changed them somehow.  Facebook is more immediate than blogging which may be dangerous.  On facebook, I can easily put my foot in my mouth many times a day because it IS so easy to publish what comes to one's mind.  Here, I have to think about it a little bit which gives my mind's filter time to kick in.

My rant today is brought to you by the sugar cartel.  A wholy owned subsidiary of and heavily subsidized by the federal government entity.

They're fuckers.

They're insidious.

Sugar is everywhere and now that I have to be aware and not put any refined sugar in my body I have to spend precious time looking for it in places that one shouldn't have to look.

For instance (not that I should be eating any of this either) it's in commercially prepared bread only they call it high fructose corn syrup and now they're calling it corn sugar.  Sounds kinda like corn whiskey.  Corn sugar.  Say it with me and see how easily and sweetly it rolls off your tongue...corn sugar.  Whisper it....corn sugar.

Bastards.

It's in hot dog buns, hamburger buns, sliced bread.  Those supposedly healthy high fiber breakfast muffins--loaded with it.  I'm even having to ask in restaurants if they put it in their greens or spaghetti because many southern restaurants do.  I've become sensitive to the taste. 

Commercially prepared meat rubs have it.  Frozen juice concentrates have it.  Aren't fruits sweet enough already?  It's bloody fucking everywhere and it's wrecking my health.  I'm mad as hell and not going to take it anymore.

Read your labels people.  Anything ending is ose is sugar.  It's in McDonald's biscuits for god's sake. 

And I'm pissed that I have to be aware of it now.  Getting older sucks a big one....not that I've ever sucked a big one because that's...well...gross. 

I'm going to cook me a hamburger for breakfast and use my own meat seasoning with no bun and homemade mayonnaise because even bacon has sugar in it.

Ugh

No comments: