Saturday, February 7, 2009

Satan Designed my Jeep's Engine

That's the only explanation I have for why a rocker cover bolt is placed at the back of the cover near the fire wall.  There is NO room to work back there.  If the bolt hadn't already been a little loose, I'd have never gotten it off.

And it's also very obvious that whoever designed this truck had no intentions of a short fat chick ever working on it.  I can't reach JACK without a footstool.  How dignified is that?  I'm doing serious work on my own truck and I have to drag the kitchen stool out to the street just so I can reach all the bolts that need to be removed.

Of course, if one built a car that I could easily and comfortably work on, nobody could fit in it.

Anyway, I changed the rocker cover gasket today.  Took me 4 hours and several colorful expressions to get it done.  Saved a couple hundred dollars.  And I'm going to need that money just to fill up the RV.

Now, I just have to figure out how to get the grossness out from under my fingernails.

2 comments:

Bev said...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!

I'd have paid AND brought the beer to watch that!

Save This MG said...

It is behond undignified to be up on a foot stool leaning over the engine compartment with one's more than ample ass up in the air.