Sunday, March 2, 2008

Toldja

I finished the porch and stair railing today. Both boys helped. I stared at 8:30 this morning and finished at 4:30 this afternoon.

It's all about the right tools. Kinda like life. I had to rent a hammer drill which made short order of drilling into the brick. What took so long was the tediousness of finding the right angles for the handrails and the right length and angle for all of the spindles that we put in by hand down each handrail. I couldn't gut them en masse because the heights weren't the same. I'm not sure how that happened because I measured but that's beside the point.

It's done.

Another job tackled and tamed.

And what did my boys learn today? Use the right tool to get the job done correctly. That goes for Math, English, History and Science. It just goes for life which is what I'm trying to teach them. Go out into the world unprepared and you'll get your ass kicked. The oldest got his kicked today. He couldn't hang until the end and had to send the youngest in to cover for him. I can still work circles around them. Life is GOOD.

The sunroom is next if it doesn't leak during this next rain. Keep your fingers crossed.

Now, where's the tylenol?

No comments: